
MARRAKECH – RSSAC Meeting
Wednesday, June 26, 2019 – 15:15 to 16:45 WET
ICANN65 | Marrakech, Morocco

BRAD VERD: Alright. Welcome to the official RSSAC meeting. We have an agenda that was sent out many weeks ago. Let me review the agenda really quickly. We are going to do, well, a call to order. We'll do a roll call. I guess I'm going a bit out of order, but let's just do it anyways. We'll do the normal administration. We will cover minutes. We'll vote on the minutes. We will cover ICANN 66 travel support. And then we have an ongoing topic of identifying our outgoing liaison to the NomCom. We'll go through that. We'll have an update from the RSSAC Caucus Committee, which ...

FRED BAKER: [inaudible]

BRAD VERD: I'm sorry?

FRED BAKER: The liaison to the ...

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

BRAD VERD: No, we will not have a vote on that. That is actually the July 10th date that you were referring to. There is a deadline for that. We will have a Membership Committee update, which will be given by Carlos. Can we scroll down, please? Since I can't do it.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: [inaudible]

BRAD VERD: Okay. I'm seeing it there, so I'll skip. Never mind. We'll cover the work items. We'll get an update from the metrics party, the resolver party. We will cover some workshop planning that is coming up, and then we'll do our reports from the co-chairs and our liaisons. And then any other business, which is the next teleconference. So, with that, is there any other business to add from anybody in the room? Alright, I don't see anything in the room. Is there anything in the Zoom, since I can't see it?

Okay. Alright. So, let's do a roll call. Of course, I don't have a list that I can look at, so I'm going to go from memory. I can't read that. You want to do it?

FRED BAKER: Sure. So, Cogent?

PAUL VIXIE: Cogent is here.

FRED BAKER: Okay. DISA?

KEVIN WRIGHT: DISA is here.

FRED BAKER: ICANN?

CARLOS REYES: Sorry, could you identify names, please?

FRED BAKER: Oh. So, Ryan, is Kevin here? Is he online?

RYAN STEPHENSON: Yeah, Ryan Stephenson's here.

FRED BAKER: Okay. So ICANN.

PAUL VIXIE: This is Paul Vixie from Cogent.

FRED BAKER: Matt or Terry, are you around?

MATT LARSON: Matt Larson is here. Terry will not be here.

FRED BAKER: Okay, ISC. Jeff and I are here.

JEFF OSBORN: I'm here. Jeff Osborn.

FRED BAKER: Yeah. NASA?

TOM MIGLIN: Tom Miglin's on.

FRED BAKER: I don't hear ...

BRAD VERD: It's Tom.

FRED BAKER: Tom. Okay. Cool. Netnod?

LARS-JOHAN LIMAN: Lars Liman is here. I'm the only one.

FRED BAKER: Okay. RIPE?

KAVEH RANJBAR: Kaveh is here, and that's only me.

FRED BAKER: Okay. UMD?

KARL REUSS: Karl is here.

FRED BAKER: Okay. USC ISI?

SUZANNE WOOLF: Suzanne Woolf is here.

FRED BAKER: And ARL?

KEN RENARD: Ken Renard's here.

FRED BAKER: Verisign? Are you here?

BRAD VERD: Brad's here.

FRED BAKER: And Matt, can you hear me?

BRAD VERD: Oh, Matt is here. Matt's on the phone, too.

FRED BAKER: Okay.

HIRO HOTTA: From WIDE, Hiro is here. Jun not.

FRED BAKER: Okay. So Kaveh, you're still the liaison to the board, right? Okay.
CSC?

LARS-JOHAN LIMAN: Liman is still here.

FRED BAKER: RZERC?

BRAD VERD: Brad's here.

FRED BAKER: SSAC. Russ was here. Okay. He must've stepped out. We'll see.
IAB?

DANIEL MIGAULT: Daniel. I am here.

FRED BAKER: Okay. The IANA function operator?

NAELA SARRAS: Naela. I am here.

FRED BAKER: Okay. And the root zone maintainer?

DUANE WESSELS: Duane Wessels, here.

FRED BAKER: Okay.

BRAD VERD: Thank you, Fred, for lending me your eyes. Alright. Into administration and the last meeting notes. Ozan?

OZAN SAHIN: Thanks, Brad. First up, the draft minutes. So this has been shared on the RSSAC list last week and all action items from the 4th of June meeting have been completed. And we haven't received any other feedback. If you have any, please let us know.

BRAD VERD: Thank you, Ozan. Are there any, is there any discussion around the minutes from the last meeting? Ryan? Thank you. No discussions? Do I have a motion to approve the minutes from the last meeting?

JEFF OSBORN: So moved.

BRAD VERD: Thank you, Jeff. Is there a second?

SUZANNE WOOLF: Wes told me to try.

BRAD VERD: Thank you, Wes. Alright, there's no objections? No abstentions? Alright, the minutes are approved. Moving on, ICANN travel support. Ozan?

OZAN SAHIN: Thanks, Brad. The deadline to share the supported travelers for ICANN 66 is Friday, 5th of July, and about an hour prior to the start of this meeting, I circulated a note to RSSAC mailing list. So, if you're looking for supported travel to ICANN 66, please fill the Google form circulated on that note, by Tuesday next week, which is the 2nd of July. Thanks.

BRAD VERD: Thank you, Ozan. Any questions? No. Okay. Moving on. Membership Committee report. Matt, do you want to give it? Are you in a position?

MATT WEINBERG: Sure. Can you hear me okay?

BRAD VERD: Yes. Go ahead.

MATT WEINBERG: Yeah. So, a couple things to review. There were two statements of interest that came in since the last batch. The first one was a gentleman named Mohammed Abdul Awal. And by the way, their statements of interest are available there on the agenda. You can take a look at them yourself. We did have ... The Membership Committee did meet. Beforehand, [Dave Lawrence], Alejandra Costa and I spoke – well, actually, via email. We all reviewed the statements of interest and recommend that both Mohammed Abdul Awal and Michael [Frauenhacher] be moved forward with RSSAC Caucus. So, happy to answer any questions. Otherwise, we recommend that we move forward with both candidates.

BRAD VERD: Thank you, Matt. Are there any questions regarding the two candidates put forward by the Membership Committee? No questions, no comments? Alright, do I have a motion to approve the recommendation and accept these two into the caucus?

PAUL VIXIE: Cogent so moves.

BRAD VERD: Who was that again?

PAUL VIXIE: Paul.

BRAD VERD: Thank you, Paul. Is there a second?

JEFF OSBORN: I second.

BRAD VERD: Jeff. Thank you. Alright. Are there any objections? Any abstentions? Alright. Great. These two are approved. We will send out notification to them shortly. Thank you.

MATT WEINBERG: Brad, there's one other thing I want to talk about.

BRAD VERD: Yeah. Go ahead.

MATT WEINBERG: Something that we've talked about in the past from the Membership Committee is reviewing the list of existing caucus members and seeing which caucus members are actively involved and which have not done anything or done very little. One of the things I had asked for help from Carlos was getting a list of all the caucus members and seeing who had attended RSSAC meetings, who had engaged in work parties, so forth and so on. Carlos and Ozan helped out with this, and they did really go back in time and try to find some meeting notes and things like that. But they were able to basically create a spreadsheet of every caucus member and their participation somehow with RSSAC.

It's pretty revealing. Some of the members have never contributed at all or even attending a meeting or done anything. So, in our next internal meeting we're going to talk about possibly some criteria by which we engage some of those caucus members to basically say something to the effect of either participate or you'll get moved from the caucus. So nothing is definite right now. We'll have a better proposal for the RSSAC to talk about in our next meeting. But I just wanted to let everybody know where we were with that. Happy to answer any questions as well.

BRAD VERD: Great, thank you, Matt. Any questions for Matt regarding that? I don't see any questions, Matt, so thank you.

MATT WEINBERG: Yeah, thank you.

BRAD VERD: Alright. Moving on to our work items, these are updates from our two work parties, RSS Metrics. Duane and Russ, do you guys have an update to share?

DUANE WESSELS: Sure. So we've been talking about this a lot today and a little bit yesterday. Probably we spent the most time talking about probe locations. We had a discussion the first part of today about splitting or having sort of two groups of probe locations that we tentatively called near and far. I would say that even though we had a lot of discussion, I didn't sense a lot of consensus around this. So, this is something the work party needs to still work on and iterate on.

We did do a thing where sort of everyone in the room answered some questions about where certain measurements should be made from and I appreciate that. We'll take that input and help us to come up with something more concrete regarding local and far-away probes.

We also talked about something in the current document, which is there are some metrics for which an alternative method is using local recursive name servers, and we proposed removing those and that seemed to have support. So again, we'll take this back to the whole work party and, I think, the plan is to remove those sections and simplify some of the measurements and shorten the document a little bit. So that will be good.

We sort of ran through some of the current comments and questions in the document, starting at the top and going down. We made it to the start of Section 4 and then sort of ran out of time. Russ, what would you like to add to that?

RUSS MUNDY:

Well, I think we have also received a report from the RSSAC SSAC Fellow, John, some of the work he's been doing, reviewed some of the graphs, got some good feedback in terms of how some of the data needs to be presented somewhat differently. I think in terms of decisions, I think we did, besides the decision to not use a local recursive resolver. We, I believe, reached agreement on availability that there should be a single set of values for, that would become eventually the RSSAC designated values and, from RSSAC perspective, there will be one set of values, whatever it is we end up coming up with.

So, a lot of inputs from people, and thanks a lot to everybody that contributed. I think this has been a very useful set of inputs on this. So that's it.

BRAD VERD:

Great. Thank you, Russ. Thank you, Duane. Any questions or comments for Russ or Duane while we're here? Alright. Seeing none, we will move on. Fred, any update on the resolver work party?

FRED BAKER:

Well, during the hour immediately prior to this meeting, we had a resolver meeting, which we had some people online, we had some people here. And I think it was a good meeting. Now, Paul sent a note to the resolver – well, to the caucus – about what's going on with the resolver. And details, number the questions that we talked about during the past hour, so if you want that detail, go read the note.

Game plan going forward, he has a GitHub repository that has various bits of code for testing against a root service and that kind of thing. He has not done extensive testing with that. That's something coming up in the next month or two, he plans to do a fair amount of testing. He encourages people to download that and do the same.

A big part of the meeting was actually set aside to the other thing that we wanted to do in the resolver work party, which was codify and make reusable the kind of work that is being done by Geoff Huston at APNIC. That has been described, we don't actually have code for it, and so Paul is thinking about how to ... I guess the right word might be recreate. How to make that something that can be used in a scientific fashion and, therefore, tested by multiple parties and people draw whatever results they're going to come up with.

So those two activities are the kind of going forward work in the resolver work party at this point.

BRAD VERD:

Great. Thank you, Fred. Any questions or comments for Fred? Alright. Seeing nothing, we'll move on. Agenda Item #6 is workshop planning. Ozan?

OZAN SAHIN:

Thanks, Brad. I'd like to start with the RSSAC liaison to the ICANN NomCom if I may, which was earlier in the agenda, which we skipped. So, very quickly, the nomination period started on the 10th of June and currently we have two nominees who indicated their willingness to serve on the mailing lists. The nomination

period will stay open until 10th of July, and after it closes, we will do an online voting after that. That's the update.

BRAD VERD: Just real quick. So, as the admin team we talked about those and I'm sorry I missed that from the agenda. Feel free to stop me if that happens again. But rather than waiting for the August meeting to have a vote on it, we thought we'd do an online vote, since everybody has seen who the people are and we've seen their SOIs and what-not on the list. Right?

OZAN SAHIN: Yeah.

BRAD VERD: So that's all. I just wanted to share that. Workshop?

OZAN SAHIN: So moving on to workshop now, I'd like to share the results of the workshop survey that staff circulated a few weeks ago. It was due by yesterday, so these are the results. And looking at the results, you can observe that the least favorable choice was the August option, and the September and October options were too close. September option was chosen six times as the first choice. Excuse me, let me correct. September option was chosen eight times as

the first choice, and October option was chosen seven times. Whereas September option was five times chosen as the second choice, and October option was chosen six times. So this is something for RSSAC members to discuss.

FRED BAKER: What you're basically saying is we're all going to troop off to Reston in the last week of September?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Or Maryland.

BRAD VERD: We have not chosen the location of the workshop yet. This was, I think, trying to find a date. So that's up for discussion. And then, clearly, the dates are up for discussion also. I feel that just based upon this, if we had three sets of dates and if we eliminated one, which it looks like August was eliminated, maybe we should run it again with just the two, because they're so close. That's just kind of ... Sure, we can do it now. Do you want to do it just by hand?

CARLOS REYES: So I'm suggesting we do it now, since every single operator is here, just to get a safe, if you want to look at your calendars, or we can circulate another Doodle poll. Whichever you prefer.

LARS-JOHAN LIMAN: I prefer another Doodle poll.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Go ahead, Liman.

LARS-JOHAN LIMAN: I was just saying that since we have two dates which are quite close, to me ... How do I phrase this? To me it doesn't really matter which we choose. Both work fine for me and I would like maybe to indicate that somehow in the poll because otherwise we will end up with people signaling that the one is a preference, whereas it really doesn't matter. If I had to choose one before the other, I would, but it really doesn't matter.

BRAD VERD: So you just want three options. You want to have the two dates and it doesn't matter.

LARS-JOHAN LIMAN: Something like that. Yes.

BRAD VERD: Yeah. Okay. Can we do that?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Sure.

BRAD VERD: Great. Yeah, once we have the dates, we'll narrow down location options. Okay? Any other questions around the workshop?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It's likely to be ... or is that up in the air too?

BRAD VERD: That's up in the air. So, RIPE has offered, so that's certainly a possibility. Anything is possible right now.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Okay.

BRAD VERD: Does that affect your decision? If so, please ...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes. Yes. During the October one, I'm going to be in Amsterdam, so ...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We'll vote. We'll take a vote.

BRAD VERD: What's going on in Amsterdam? Is this something that other people ... Okay, alright. So it's not a RIPE meeting or something.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: There is a RIPE meeting coming in Rotterdam in October. Yeah.

BRAD VERD: The week following the October dates?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I think it is, yes.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It is the week after.

BRAD VERD: Okay. Good to know. Alright. Any other questions regarding the workshop? Alright. So Doodle poll will come out and we'll go from there.

Let's go on to the chair reports and the liaison reports. So, real quickly, I'll let Fred add commentary, I have two things, two meetings to report on. One was the SO/AC leadership meeting, which happened on Saturday. It's the meeting that happens prior to all the ICANN meetings, all the SO/AC leaders come in with Goran and Cherine and Chris Disspain and a bunch of Goran's reports.

The biggest topic there – and I'll let Fred add if I'm missing anything. The biggest topic there was there were two things that were talked about. There was the high-interest topics, so there was the DoH topic, and that was only briefly covered. But we did spend a considerable amount of time on the multi-stakeholder model. Brian Cute kind of gave a preview of the presentation that was given in the high-interest topic meeting yesterday.

And then there was a lot of talk about volunteer fatigue and how we try to make things more efficient to address some of that. Was there anything ...?

FRED BAKER: I was on Turkish Air.

BRAD VERD:

Oh, that's right, you weren't there. Yeah, what was I thinking? Fred wasn't there. He was stuck in Istanbul.

So, all the SO/AC chairs went around, kind of gave a readout of what they were working on this week. Our readout clearly was the metrics piece, and talking to the different groups about 037, which Fred and I have been doing kind of in the background. But that was kind of the readout of that meeting. It was followed by a reception.

And then the second one was we had breakfast yesterday with Cherine. We met with him for about 45 minutes. That was Kaveh, myself, and Fred. Again, the topic was 037, the implementation, the timelines with the work that's ongoing. There was a bit of discussion about how much. Again, Jeff, you would appreciate that. And then the discussion moved to Cherine leaves us at the end of the AGM meeting, so he'll no longer be the chair of the board, and he's moving on to different opportunities.

Fred, anything to add for breakfast, since you were there? Kaveh? Did I miss anything?

So that was the only two things I had to report on, to bring back to the group. Any questions for me?

Oh, I'm sorry, we had lunch yesterday with the GAC. Whenever they left here, we met with the GAC, and we gave them the executive readout, the executive summary of 037 – the slide deck that you guys have all seen and taken back to your bosses – we gave to the GAC. And we fielded their questions. Most of their questions were around kind of timeline, how we saw it going. So we shared the timeline with the GWG. They specifically asked us, “Was there something that you wanted us to comment on.” And so we're having those ongoing discussions. They said that they wanted us to come to the GAC meeting in Montreal and present to the full GAC, not just the leadership, that executive review of 037. And that was our lunch meeting with the GAC, right, Fred? Yeah. Any questions?

RUSS MUNDY:

Was it really just asking about timing and such? They didn't jump up and down about any particular parts or issues? I mean, that's so unusual for the GAC.

BRAD VERD:

No. There were no specific questions. Literally, it was the leader, the vice chair from Canada asked timeline. And we went through this multiple ... As soon as we went into multiple-year timelines, she kind of was, like, “Okay.” And then she asked something else. I don't remember, but it was, again, around timing or whatnot.

And then Manal, the chair, made it very clear that if there was something we needed from the GAC, to please specifically ask them, and they'll focus in on it. Any other questions? Alright, that was all I had. Kaveh? Anything from the board?

KAVEH RANJBAR:

So yes. Quick item, which also was mentioned in the morning breakfast with Cherine. The board had set the goals for Goran, as the CEO. That's part of the board's responsibility, to set yearly goals for the CEO. And basically, there are five items under the RSSAC relateables, RSSAC 037, 038 implementation. That will be published. I didn't share it because it still is internal. That will be a public document, but it's Goran's task to publish it in his CEO report which I think will happen in a few weeks. As soon as he publishes that, I will share it with RSSAC.

But in general, basically, there are five goals regarding implementation of 037 in the coming months. And there are deadlines for him, I mentioned there, which are aligned with the work plan which will be published also with the public comments. So, just so you know that, as soon as it's public, I will share it with RSSAC and RSSAC list. But just so you know, in the next CEO report, you will see as part of CEO goals set by the board, implementation of RSSAC, moving forward with RSSAC 037 and 038.

BRAD VERD: Thank you, Kaveh. Any questions?

KAVEH RANJBAR: And rest of this board workshop, because we had three days of board workshop, basically 037 and 038 didn't come up, because it's in the public comments. So it wasn't on any agendas, but I think, I'm sure in September, the board has a workshop in LA, and there we will discuss it in further detail, because the time for public has finished, and I guess we will have some input.

BRAD VERD: Alright. If nothing further for Kaveh, we will move on. Liman. CSC? Anything to report?

LARS-JOHAN LIMAN: Unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity to participate in the latest meeting. It was so recent in time that there are no minutes. But I do have an agenda that shows there were really important things going on there. The results from the PTI are stellar as usual. Putting you on the spot, I don't know if there's anything you would like to add, Naela. If you attended that meeting.

NAELA SARRAS: I have to attend. Thanks.

LARS-JOHAN LIMAN: So do I, but I can't always.

NAELA SARRAS: Well, I didn't have a daughter graduating. I think maybe I will say, because this group is so involved in the metrics right now, one major thing that happened in that meeting is, we have the process that the CSC had to come up with for how we modify metrics, because if you recall, during the transition the community came together and created a whole slew of metrics that we need to comply with when we're doing the root zone function. And then, when we discovered that some of these measurements weren't quite right, we had to create a process – they had to create a process – for how we modify them. So that process was finally approved last year. And I know Liman has been updating me every meeting on how that work is going.

So now we have three metrics that we're attacking that we wanted to confer to change right away. The first one, the technical changes, will go in effect July 1st. The second one is concerning the LGR of the IDN tables. That one is in public comment right now, so I don't know if it's of interest to anyone. It is available for people to comment on. And the third one is in very, very early discussion stages on how we handle transfer and

delegation requests for country code top-level domains. That was it. That was basically the bulk of the discussion. Thanks.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Thank you.

BRAD VERD: Thank you, Liman and Naela. Any questions? Alright, I'll move on to the RZERC report, from myself. There is none. RZERC has not met, again, as expected. This is kind of a no-op group. So we are standing in wait. Next is the IAB. Daniel? Anything?

DANIEL MIGAULT: Nothing to report.

BRAD VERD: Alright. Thank you, Daniel. Naela, back to you.

NAELA SARRAS: So, I will cover this tomorrow during the session we're doing on the IANA review, but one topic that I want to get you thinking about today is we're enlarging the process to start collecting ideas from the community on what should be included in the IANA budgets for the 2021 fiscal year. So that's almost two years out. So, be thinking about that. This is in the bylaws for PTI. We

need to engage with the community and gather ideas, so that we are developing a budget that would, that the community thinks we should be working on. But I'll go more into that in tomorrow's presentation. Other than that, I don't have any other updates. Thanks.

BRAD VERD: Thank you, Naela. Any questions? Right. Duane. Root zone maintainer?

DUANE WESSELS: No, nothing to report.

BRAD VERD: Great. Thank you. Any questions for Duane? We have our ICANN NomCom liaison, I don't think he's here. And as we've stated earlier, we're looking to nominate a new one.

Any other business is the ICANN Org readiness for new GTLD rounds. This is a question that came from Cyrus who is the head of the GTD for ICANN. There was an email sent to RSSAC and SSAC not really ... Kind of stating that ... He wasn't really asking any questions, was he? It was of just a statement of they're ready when the community is, I think. Russ, you want to add something?

RUSS MUNDY: Well, I think that either I missed it or you zoomed past the SSAC report for the liaison. So, tomorrow morning, at 10:00, is our joint meeting, SSAC and RSSAC. We have a sizeable agenda. Unless there's any objection from our chairs here, I'll ask Andrew to forward out the set of slides to the RSSAC members. It's a closed meeting, so it needs to just stay on this list. I will also ask Andrew to send it to the SSAC list, so both sets have it. I think it will be a full and lively meeting. Please, if you get a chance, look through the slides in advance so you have a chance to think about things. But it's a full agenda.

BRAD VERD: Anything that we should focus on or we'll just look at the agenda. Okay.

RUSS MUNDY: Yeah. Look at the agenda. I don't think anybody will be surprised at what's on the agenda, but there's a lot there.

BRAD VERD: Alright. Any questions for Russ?

ANDREW MCCONACHIE: Yeah, I'll go ahead and send the slides out. Keep in mind, a lot of the slides are just backup slides. There's a lot of slides. A lot of them are just there in case either group wants to dive into a topic. So don't think every single slide needs to be spoken to. Thanks.

BRAD VERD: Great. Thank you. Is there anything further to cover on the email from Cyrus? Did I miss anything?

CARLOS REYES: I think just clarify that, if they do ask for specific feedback they're just going to refer back to the previous RSSAC advice.

BRAD VERD: Yeah. So we talked internally on the admin team about the email and should they comment. They asked numerous times. We've been asked by the GNSO about the subsequent round. We were asked prior about it, and essentially all our references go back to the original reference of adding TLDs to the root, which is in a document somewhere and it kind of says we shouldn't look at the number of changes, we should look at the rate of change in the root. That was where we thought we should focus and so forth. So we're just going to basically say, again, what we've already said should they come and ask us any questions.

CARLOS REYES: That's RSSAC 031. That's the publication number.

BRAD VERD: Okay. Alright, so this meeting represents our July meeting. So we will not have a July phone call on the first Tuesday of the month. So our next teleconference is Tuesday, August 6th. Anything else? Liman?

LARS-JOHAN LIMAN: But we will have another electronic vote in between.

BRAD VERD: Yes. And that will come out via email. Yes.

LARS-JOHAN LIMAN: Yes, so we don't drop off the mailing list for a month.

BRAD VERD: Yes. Is there anything else? I'm sorry, this is a closed meeting as far as speaking at the mic for RSSAC members.

NAVEED BIN RAIS: [off mic].

BRAD VERD: Oh. We're not, we don't have that one listed. Sorry. Yes, please come forward to the mic. Apologies.

NAVEED BIN RAIS: Yeah, hi. So I've recently being appointed as a liaison to the Fellowship mentoring process. It's a new process. So we've just started from Marrakech, basically. But Marrakech, in terms of Fellowship, is alumni-based, so the fellows that we are getting in are already experienced guys who have their feet already settled in somehow in the world of ICANN.

So that is ongoing, but what I want to have feedback from the RSSAC members, is kind of expectations that RSSAC might have from this program. So what kind of mentoring, what kind of exposure they would want, especially because starting from Montreal, we are going to have newcomers. And we are going to have almost 25 newcomers. Some of them might be interested in the technical stuff that we do. So I would just like to have feedback on the expectations that you might have on that. Thank you.

BRAD VERD: Are there any questions or comments here? I think I might direct you towards the gentleman to your right since he was ... He's

been greatly involved with the fellows. But are there any expectations we can give back to him now? Carlos?

CARLOS REYES: Thanks for the report. I think the other idea would be to connect Naveed with the membership committee, just because of some of the work that they do with outreach, whenever we get around to engaging the caucus. That's an idea.

BRAD VERD: Yeah. Liman? Please.

LARS-JOHAN LIMAN: As you mentioned, I've been in contact with the Fellowship program several times and also been mentoring in the past. So if you get the chance, take it, because interacting with newcomers to ICANN is an opportunity. It's actually very fascinating, and also it's a very good learning experience for yourself to learn how other people approach our community and what they seek and what you can contribute, and it's actually good times.

BRAD VERD: Great. So maybe if you could send an email, if we could get an email to the RSSAC asking your question, people can think about it and get back to you.

NAVEED BIN RAIS: Actually, [inaudible] was my mentor when I was a fellow, so we worked together already. So, yeah. So I will do that. I will just send question to the overall caucus. Thanks.

BRAD VERD: Great. Thank you so much. Alright. Any other business? I see nothing in the room, so if nothing else, we will end the meeting and adjourn. Thank you. Can we stop the recording?

PAUL VIXIE: Thank you. Bye-bye.

BRAD VERD: Good-bye, all. Yes. So we have two meetings tomorrow.

FRED BAKER: And we actually have an hour left in this meeting.

BRAD VERD: You don't have the work party people leaving.

FRED BAKER: Oh. That's right. Okay. Such is life.

BRAD VERD: Yeah. So, just for reference, two meetings tomorrow. Not in this room. We're over in the main building.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]